French Communication and Culture Formerly Basic French
French: Communication and Culture (formerly Basic French) gives Pembina Trails students exposure to French language and culture. The emphasis in this curriculum is on oral (spoken) French.
The course is designed to give students the opportunity to:
- learn the skills they need to communicate in French, in everyday situations
- understand the value of learning French, particularly as a tool for personal, intellectual and social growth
- understand and appreciate francophone cultures
- develop intercultural communication skills which are beneficial to them as global citizens
French: Communication and Culture is offered in schools with a regular English program:
- • Kindergarten to Grade 3 - Early Start French
- • Grades 4 to 8 - French: Communication and Culture (mandatory for all Pembina Trails students)
- • Grade 6 (at Henry G. Izatt School) – Intensive French
- • Grades 9 to 12 – French is an optional credited course
Please provide your question and email address in the fields below.
Your question has been successfully submitted.Close