Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Need an answer fast? This page is here to help answer some commonly asked questions. If you don’t find the answer you are looking for here, please send us an email.

When can my child start kindergarten in Pembina Trails?

If your child is five years old on or before December 31, they are eligible to register for kindergarten. Learn more about preparing your child for kindergarten in Pembina Trails

Does Pembina Trails offer day care?

A number of our schools have child care centres on site. While we do share a learning space, child care centres are not operated by Pembina Trails but by separate organizations. It is important to note that schools in Manitoba are not permitted to operate child care centres.

Families with children who are not yet school-aged can visit the Government of Manitoba website for help in finding a child care space.

What number do I call if I have an after school hours bussing emergency?


How do I register my child for school in Pembina Trails?

Registration packages are available at all schools and information on school registration procedures will be shared at the school’s information evening. If you are unable to attend the orientation, please call your school for registration information – view our list of schools.

If you’re ready to register your child at Pembina Trails, please download, complete and submit our registration form.

If your child is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident/landed immigrant, please bring the following with you when you come to register:

  • your child’s birth certificate
  • their medical number (9-digit personal identification number )
  • their emergency contact name and number
  • your home and work phone numbers
  • proof of address in the form of lease agreement, mortgage documents or utility bill.

If you are a newcomer, not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada, please contact the International Student Program at: 204.488.1767 Ext. 1225. 

What if I want my child to attend a different school than the one within our catchment area?

Students are encouraged to attend one of their “neighbourhood schools” – a school within their catchment area. However, if you wish to enrol your child in a school outside of your catchment area, or if you live outside of the Pembina Trails division and would like to register your child at one of our schools, you may submit a Schools of Choice request. Learn more by visiting our Schools of Choice page.

How do I know when my child’s school has an in-service day?

Pembina Trails schools have eight common in-service days throughout the year. These dates can be found on our home page and in our calendar.

Schools have two additional days that can be scheduled any time during the year. Visit your school site for more information.


How do I know if school buses are canceled due to cold weather?

School Bus Transportation may be cancelled even though schools may still be in session. It has been determined by the Board of Trustees that buses will not operate when the temperature (ᵒC) or wind chill reaches or exceeds -45 at The Forks.

Learn more about cold weather, wind chill temperatures and indoor recess on our cold weather page.

How do I get a transcript? 

One to ten years beyond graduation:

  • Student to request transcript copy at the office of the school they last attended
  • Pembina Trails schools will charge a flat fee of $5.00 for this service, which includes postage, if required.
  • The student should produce identification for in person requests, and be prepared to answer an identification question if requesting by phone or email (e.g. DOB, previous address, etc.)

Ten years or greater beyond graduation:

  • Requests should be made to the Records Management Department at our Administration Office. Over time processes have changed and there are a variety of locations of less recent files. In many cases, the file will still be located at the high school of graduation, in which case the requestor will be directed to that school office, and the request will be completed as outlined above.   

I am having issues with online report cards and/or the parent-teacher scheduler?

Please contact your school directly.

image description
Back to top