At Chancellor School we value the opportunity to connect in meaningful ways to our community and each other though extracurricular activities
. We emphasize the importance of student leadership and growth through:
- Student leadership opportunities (including, but not limited to): student announcers, patrols, milk monitors, library helpers, recycling/compost management, SWAT team (Students Working to Advance Technology), etc.
- Community based initiatives (including, but not limited to): Koats for Kids, Winnipeg Harvest, WE Day Initiatives, etc.
- Digital citizenship
- Cross-grade partnerships provide mentoring opportunities between Early Years and Middle Years students, encouraging children to build friendships with students at other grade levels
- Outdoor learning experiences
- School-wide sustainable practices: recycling, composting, marker recycling, reducing paper use/waste, etc.
- Ongoing school-yard enhancements
- Clubs and activities that arise from student interest (including but not limited to): knitting/crochet club, chess club, Makerspace activities, coding, juggling club, running club, intramurals, volleyball and basketball club, Global Read Aloud, homework club and writing clubs.