A General Student Fee of $60.00 paid by all students is collected in August via Permission Click. This fee is directed towards costs attributed to:
• Co-curricular programming opportunities, guest speakers, school events, etc;
• Maintenance, repair and replacement of locks for lockers;
• Operation (beautification, equipment, seating, supplies) of ancillary and cafeteria spaces;
• Partial subsidy for cafeteria and hallway supervision during lunch hours;
• Partial subsidy towards transportation costs for field trips;
• School wide communications for students (i.e. handbooks, school-life promotions, etc.);
• Support for arts, clubs, social action, sport, and student council; and,
• Support for homeroom activities and Diversify/UNESCO events.
We have reduced our student fee expenses in these areas so that all students who start next year receive a yearbook the following September. No additional yearbook fee is collected.
The Convocation Fee of $60.00 paid by all Grade 12 students is also collected in August via Permission Click. This fee pays for normal budgeted costs associated with convocation (not the grad dinner nor safe grad). The fee covers costs for cap/tassel, diploma covers, gown cleaning, gown repair/replacement, program printing, stage dressings, venue rental, etc. There is no cost for gown/ stole because Massey owns its inventory. The fee allows for unlimited family members and friends to attend without the purchase of tickets. All Grade 12 students are expected to pay this fee.
If fees are not paid and a payment schedule has not been agreed upon or if fees have not been waived by Ms. Sharon Labossiere, Directrice/Principal, students lose access to lockers, cannot participate co-curricular (i.e. events and field-trips) / extra-curricular opportunities (i.e. clubs and teams), may not stay at school over lunch, and will not be issued their yearbook in the following year.
Any family or student who may experience hardship by any fees applied at Institut collégial Vincent Massey Collegiate is asked to please contact Ms. Sharon Labossiere, Directrice/ Principal.