Skip to main content

How To Register


The registration process occurs in February each year. We encourage attendance at École Charleswood School’s annual Open House on February 8th at 6:30 p.m. 

Registration Process:

If you require a registration form please contact the office at  

The following documentation will also be required to complete the registration process:

  • Your child's birth certificate
  • Proof of residency (e.g. lease agreement, mortgage documents or utility bills)
  • Your child's 9 digit personal Manitoba Health information (9 digit personal identification number)  
  • Name and phone number of an emergency contact
  • Parent/guardian home and work phone numbers


  • 2024/2025 Registration Packages for catchment students currently attending one of our feeder schools (École Tuxedo Park, École Dieppe, Royal School, and Pacific Junction.) will be distributed the week of February 6th.
  • 2024/2025 Registration Packages for students currently registered at ÉCS and returning next year will also be distributed the week of February 6th.
  • The deadline for completed Registration Packages is February 28th.  Packages can be returned to your home school.  
  • Please have students consider carefully before choosing their optional courses.  This choice should be based on personal education interest and not dependent on friends.  The choice students make will be in effect for the duration of the 2024/2025 school year and cannot be changed.  
  • Lunch program information will be distributed in the fall.
  • All questions regarding school bus transportation must be directed to our divisional office at 204-488-1757.



A)   Within Catchment.  Complete school registration forms (see Useful Links below). 

  • Provide proof of guardianship. (Birth Certificate, legal guardianship letter, court documents, etc.) 
  • Provide proof of residency. (Lease Agreement, Mortgage/Lease papers, Home Purchase Agreement, Manitoba Hydro bill, etc.) 
  • Provide a copy of the student’s most recent report card. 

B)   School of Choice 

  • If you wish to attend a school not in your catchment area or if you are from another division, you may apply to attend another school. Please visit our School of Choice guidelines and application forms.
  • Accepted SOC students are not eligible for bussing 

 C)   Permanent Resident 

  • Everything from Option A.
  • Must bring in landing documents (parents & students) to the school for copying for student file and processing by our division office  
  • Must bring in Permanent Resident card for copying (if applicable) 
  • Everything from Option B only if applying as School of Choice.

D)   All Other Newcomers to Canada (Visa, ISP, Refugee, etc.) 

If you are new to the country and are NOT a Permanent Resident of Canada, please contact Ms. Donna Gray at the Pembina Trails School Division International Student Program’s (ISP) Office for verification (  Please send her the following documents in PDF format (only):

  • All passports for your family
  • All Work, Study and Visitor Permits
  • Letter of acceptance and / or job offer
  • Rental agreement or a utility bill (MB Hydro, Winnipeg Water, or cable) that proves your address
  • Child(ren)'s birth certificate


When the verification process is complete, the ISP office will provide the school office with Verification of Status Documents. The name of the school in your area (based on your address) will be stated.  Subsequently, someone from your school will be in contact with you with further information about your child’s start at school.

To see which school is in your catchment area please check your address on our  school locator.  

A school staff member will contact you to complete your school application.  Please click on the school link and follow the directions.

Upon completion and receipt of your application, the school will contact you with further information for your child(ren)’s start of school.


If your child has any medical needs or concerns (nut allergy, asthma, epi-pen, etc.) please clearly indicate the health concern on the registration form and check with one of the school secretaries to ensure the necessary medical papers are prepared before your child starts school.  If medication or medical treatment is required, we may request that an authorization form be completed by your doctor.


If your child lives within the catchment area of your school in K-6 but farther than 1.6 kilometers from the school, you may be entitled to bus service.  Information regarding transportation is available by contacting the Transportation Department.


Registrations Throughout the School Year:

For registrations throughout the school year, please contact your school office directly. Appointments to complete the registration process can be made by contacting the school office.

Useful Links

image description
Back to top