What We Offer
École St. Avila is a kindergarten to grade 6 French Immersion centre in the Pembina Trails School Division. In our single track school, French is the working language of the whole school providing greater opportunities for students to learn and use French inside and outside of the classroom in daily interactions. In our French Immersion program, students benefit from the unique cultural experience of living in French during the school day.
French Immersion at École St. Avila:
- is designed for children whose first language is not French;
- is open to all children registering for kindergarten or grade one;
- offers children the opportunity to learn both French and English, Canada’s two official languages;
- opens the door to the future, creating opportunities for personal growth, travel and careers;
- offers instruction based in brain research that concludes that within a rich linguistic environment, children will naturally acquire new languages;
- is one of Manitoba’s official school programs.