The Saint Avila Home and School Association, also known as SAHASA, is a parent council that acts as an advisory group for École St. Avila. Its purpose is to:
- promote a feeling of community amongst students, parents and the school
- cooperate with programs which aid parents to become informed of school activities
- enhance the learning environment for the children in the school
- foster cooperation and communication between parents and the school
- assist with decision-making on those issues referred to it by the school
- act as a forum for dealing with general issues and policies relating to the school, rather than specific situations and individual concerns (please refer to the SAHASA constitution – LINK doc)
- Any adult who is the legal parent or guardian of a child attending the school may be a member of the association.
- SAHASA holds meetings on the second Tuesday of each month between 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. Please note that childcare is provided in the Kindergarten Room.