Skip to main content

How To Register K-6


To see which school is in your catchment area please check your address on our  school locator.  

If your address is not within the Dalhousie School catchment, please proceed to the instructions for “School of Choice”.

Kindergarten Registration Information:

If your child is five years old on or before December 31, they are eligible to register for kindergarten to start in September of that same year. Our Kindergarten Information Evenings are held in February of each year. Please plan to attend if you would like to learn more about the kindergarten program and your school. 

Kindergarten Information Packages are available online and the registration procedures will be shared at the school’s information evening. The following documentation is required to complete the registration process:

Registration Process:

To register your child, please complete a Registration Form and email to the school address found at the bottom of this page. The following documentation must be attached to complete the registration process:

  • Your child's birth certificate
  • Proof of residency (e.g. lease agreement, mortgage documents or utility bills)
  • Your child's 9 digit personal Manitoba Health information (9 digit personal identification number)
  • Name and phone number of an emergency contact
  • Parent/guardian home and work phone numbers

Grades K-6

Complete school registration forms (see Useful Links below). Also Required:

  • Provide proof of guardianship. (Birth Certificate, legal guardianship letter, court documents, etc.) 
  • Your child's 9-digit personal Manitoba Health identification number
  • Provide proof of residency. (Lease Agreement, Mortgage/Lease papers, Home Purchase Agreement, Manitoba Hydro bill, etc.) 
  • Provide a copy of the student’s most recent report card.

    Please send the registration form, upon completion and signature, to  Please remember to include the birth certificates of your children, proof of residency and recent report card.

School of Choice: 

If you wish to attend a school not in your catchment area or if you are from another division, you may apply to attend another school. Please visit our School of Choice guidelines and application forms.

Accepted SOC students are not eligible for bussing 

Newcomers to Canada Registration:

Here you will find details on registering for school, as a newcomer to Canada.

If you are a Permanent Resident, you may go directly to the "Useful Links" found at the bottom of the page and complete the Registration form. Please send the registration form, upon completion and signature to . Please remember to include the birth certificates of your children, proof of permanent residency, proof of address, and the most recent report card.

If you are new to the country and are NOT a Permanent Resident of Canadaplease contact Ms. Donna Gray at the Pembina Trails School Division International Student Program's (ISP) Office for verification (  Please send her the following documents in PDF format (only):

  • All passports for your family
  • All work, Study and Visitor Permits
  • Letter of acceptance and/or job offer
  • Rental agreement or a utility bill (MB Hydro, Winnipeg Water, or cable) that proves your address
  • Child(ren)’s birth certificate 

When the verification process is complete, the ISP office will provide the school office with Verification of Status Documents.  The name of the school in your area (based on your address) will be stated.  Subsequently, someone from your school will be in contact with you to complete the required application documents.

Upon completion and receipt of your application, the school will contact you with further information for your child(ren)’s start of school.


If your child has any medical needs or concerns (nut allergy, asthma, epi-pen, etc.) please clearly indicate the health concern on the registration form and check with one of the school secretaries to ensure the necessary medical papers are prepared before your child starts school.  If medication or medical treatment is required, we may request that an authorization form be completed by your doctor.


If your child lives within the catchment area of your school in K-6 but farther than 1.6 kilometers from the school, you may be entitled to bus service. Information regarding transportation is available by contacting the Transportation Department.

Please send any inquiries and registration forms (upon completion and signature) to Please remember to include the birth certificates of your children, proof of residency and recent report card.

Useful Links

image description
Back to top