The Bonnycastle Parent Advisory Council (PAC) is open to all parents, guardians and members of our school community. PAC is mostly made up of parent/guardian volunteers whose children attend Ecole Bonnycastle School along with seven elected members plus the principal and a teacher representative as ex-officio members.
The role of the Bonnycastle Parent Advisory Council (PAC) is to:
- Act as an advisory structure to principal and staff, presenting parental and community perspectives.
- Promote community understanding, interest and involvement in the school.
- Act as a liaison among the school, parents, community and support organizations and promote communication.
- Be accountable to the school and membership for its activities and expenditures.
PAC, in conjunction with parents/guardians, school administration & staff, identifies the school needs and wants of the school and student body, and works together toward a common goal of meeting those needs.
PAC provides the school with extras. Without us, students will absolutely still receive an education, but with supplementary funds & volunteers, our students can have additional learning experiences. School-wide trips, performances, playground equipment/activities are just some of the things PAC has helped to fund over the past few years.
Parents and Guardians are invited to get involved in with PAC. Everyone is always welcome!
YOU ARE NEEDED:
- Attend a meeting and give your input while hearing what is currently happening at Ecole Bonnycastle School - meetings are held once a month on Mondays starting at 6:30pm from September to June. Please see the school's calendar for a complete list of dates.
- Get involved with a specific activity or fundraising effort; planners/organizers are needed ahead of time for all events and fundraisers as well as helpers during events. Your help can make a difference.
- Some parents who have been involved will be leaving Ecole Bonnycastle School next year and your help is needed to ensure activities like the Pizza Fun Lunch continues.
If you can't make the meeting, but still want to get involved or have questions about PAC, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAC is looking forward to meeting you!
Stay up to date with everything PAC by liking us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/bonnycastleschool