Skip to main content

How To Register K-4

Kindergarten Through Grade 4 Registration Information:

The registration process occurs in February each year.  For registrations throughout the school year, please contact our school office directly. 

Registrations are to be completed online through the link found under "Useful Links".  The following documentation is required to complete the registration process:

Registration Process:

To register your child, please complete a Registration Form and email to the school address found at the bottom of this page. The following documentation must be attached to complete the registration process:

  • Your child's birth certificate
  • Proof of residency (e.g. lease agreement, mortgage documents or utility bills)
  • Your child's 9 digit personal Manitoba Health information (9 digit personal identification number)
  • Name and phone number of an emergency contact
  • Parent/guardian home and work phone numbers

Please email your completed registration form and your scanned documents to  If you have any questions, please call the office at 204-489-0799.


If  your child is five years old on or before December 31, they are eligible to register for kindergarten for the following school year. Our Kindergarten Information Evenings are held in February of each year. Please plan to attend if you would like to learn more about the kindergarten program and your school. 

Kindergarten Information Packages are available online and the registration procedures will be shared at the school’s information evening. 

If you are unable to attend the orientation, please call the school and inquire directly. 

School of Choice: 

If you wish to attend a school not in your catchment area or if you are from another division, please visit our School of Choice guidelines and application forms.

Several schools are not in a position to consider School of Choice due to over-enrolment. For 2022-23, these include Bairdmore, Crane, Henry G. Izatt, South Pointe and Whyte Ridge.  Additionally, French Immersion students are not accepted from outside of Pembina Trails in K-9 because of capacity issues.

Out-of-catchment residents are required to register at their catchment school  before submitting a School of Choice form to their desired school. School of Choice Within Division and Out-of-Division applicants will be notified of acceptance from May-mid-June. Selections will be determined by classroom space availability.

Please be aware that a decision on your child(ren)’s acceptance at your school of choice may not be made until the end of June.

Accepted SOC students are not eligible for bussing 

Newcomers to Canada Registration:

Here you will find details on registering for school, as a newcomer to Canada.

If you are a Permanent Resident, please contact our school office at 204-489-0799.

If you are new to the country and are NOT a Permanent Resident of Canada, please contact Ms. Donna Gray at the Pembina Trails School Division International Student Program's (ISP) Office for verification (  Please send her the following documents in PDF format (only):

  • All passports for your family
  • All work, Study and Visitor Permits
  • Letter of acceptance and/or job offer
  • Rental agreement or a utility bill (MB Hydro, Winnipeg Water, or cable) that proves your address
  • Child(ren)’s birth certificate

When the verification process is complete, the ISP office will provide the school office with Verification of Status Documents.  The name of the school in your area (based on your address) will be stated.  Subsequently, someone from your school will be in contact with you with further information about registration.

To see which school is in your catchment area, please check your address on our  school locator.  


If your child has any medical needs or concerns (nut allergy, asthma, epi-pen, etc.), please clearly indicate the health concern on the registration form and check with the office to ensure the necessary medical papers are prepared before your child starts school.  


If your child lives within the catchment area of your school in K-6 but farther than 1.6 kilometers from the school, you may be entitled to bus service.  If this is the case, please fill in the Eligible Student Request for Transportation form and submit it along with the completed school application.  Information regarding transportation is available by contacting the Transportation Department..

Useful Links

image description
Back to top