The École Crane School Parent Advisory Council is open to all parents, guardians and interested individuals in the community. The Advisory council provides an opportunity for parents to participate with the school in the educational process and to share their insights and knowledge on school related issues and educational topics. The PAC welcomes you to join them at their regular monthly meetings held on the third Monday of each month from September to June. Check the school calendar for exact dates.
Some of the specific functions of the Crane Parent Advisory Council are to:
- Organize various fundraising events for the various activities of the Council, and for other specifically identified needs.
- Set a flat fee which is paid by the students to cover class field trips and school cultural events such as a French entertainer or a French theatre group (a separate bank account is administered by the PAC treasurer for the flat fee.)
- Discuss issues regarding the school and students
- Help arrange for volunteers for school events such as Vision and Hearing screening, Festival du Voyageur Day, Crane in Motion, Staff Appreciation, grade 4 Farewell Lunch, etc.
- Work at enhancing the school with the “little” extras that are not provided for by the general school budget. One of the ways that this has been done has been to enable the École Crane staff to purchase items from a "Wish List" when sufficient funds are available in the PAC General Account.