Shaftesbury Student Support
All Shaftesbury students are linked with a student advisor, regardless of their needs or profile.
We provide an inclusive and welcoming community for all students.
Student support at Shaftesbury includes the following and much more:
- Timetable adjustments
- Consulting on required courses for post-secondary programs
- Collaborating with classroom teachers on appropriate programming for all students including providing adaptations
- Support classroom teachers with programming and support for our EAL and ISP students
- EA scheduling in collaboration with admin and teachers
- Programming for students with exceptional needs (includes writing modified outcomes in collaboration with teachers) to complete an ITP
- Ensuring the completion of application to adult services
- Counselling students on social/emotional needs when required
- Liaison with clinicians and outside agencies when necessary