Grades 5 Through 6 Registration Information:
The registration process occurs in February each year.
To register, verify below which best describes your student. Our School Locator will help you determine your catchment school.
NEW STUDENT APPLICATION
A) Within Catchment. Complete school registration forms (see Useful Links below).
- Provide proof of guardianship. (Birth Certificate, legal guardianship letter, court documents, etc.)
- Provide proof of residency. (Lease Agreement, Mortgage/Lease papers, Home Purchase Agreement, Manitoba Hydro bill, etc.)
- Provide a copy of the student’s most recent report card.
B) School of Choice
- All of the above, plus a School of Choice Within Division form or Out-of-Division School of Choice Form
- Several schools are not in a position to consider School of Choice due to over-enrolment. For 2022-23, these include Bairdmore, Henry G. Izatt, and South Pointe.
- Additionally, French Immersion students are not accepted from outside of Pembina Trails in K-9 because of capacity issues.
- 2022-23 School of Choice applications will not be open until the day of the school's Virtual Open House.
- Please register at your home school. If the student is accepted to our school their information will be transferred to the school.
- School of Choice Within Division and Out-of-Division applicants will be notified of acceptance from May to mid-June. Selections will be determined by classroom space availability.
C) Permanent Resident
- Everything from Option A.
- Must bring in landing documents (parents & students) to the school for copying for student file and processing by our division office
- Must bring in Permanent Resident card for copying (if applicable)
- Everything from Option B only if applying as School of Choice.
D) All Other Newcomers to Canada (Visa, ISP, Refugee, etc.)
If you are new to the country and are NOT a Permanent Resident of Canada, please contact Ms. Donna Gray at the Pembina Trails School Division International Student Program’s (ISP) Office for verification (email@example.com). Please send her the following documents in PDF format (only):
- All passports for your family
- all Work, Study and Visitor Permits
- Letter of acceptance and / or job offer
- Rental agreement or a utility bill (MB Hydro, Winnipeg Water, or cable) that proves your address
- Child(ren)'s birth certificate
When the verification process is complete, the ISP office will provide the school office with Verification of Status Documents. The name of the school in your area (based on your address) will be stated. Subsequently, someone from your school will be in contact with you with further information about your child’s start at school.
To see which school is in your catchment area please check your address on our school locator.
A school staff member will contact you to complete your school application. Please click on the school link and follow the directions.
Upon completion and receipt of your application, the school will contact you with further information for your child(ren)’s start of school.
If your child has any medical needs or concerns (nut allergy, asthma, epi-pen, etc.) please clearly indicate the health concern on the registration form and check with one of the school secretaries to ensure the necessary medical papers are prepared before your child starts school. If medication or medical treatment is required, we may request that an authorization form be completed by your doctor.
If your child lives within the catchment area of your school in K-6 but farther than 1.6 kilometers from the school, you may be entitled to bus service. If this is the case please fill in the Eligible Student Request for Transportation form and submit it along with the completed school application. Information regarding transportation is available by contacting the Transportation Department.
Registrations Throughout the School Year:
For registrations throughout the school year, please contact your school office directly. Appointments to complete the registration process can be made by contacting the school office.