"All my teachers and friends were just amazed when I came back and started speaking in English with my teacher. My experience in Canada was worth it, I learned more than I could have ever imagined!" Marco from Italy
STEP 1 – Complete the Student Application form.
A complete application package must include the following items:
- Completed Student Application Form
- Completed Homestay Placement Form (if applicable)
- Original or certified copies of transcripts or school records from the previous 2 years of schooling (translated into English) - please include grade 9 transcript (if applicable) and if you plan to graduate
- A letter of recommendation from the principal/director or other school official of your current school
- A current photograph (preferably 3 passport-sized photographs)
- A copy of SLEP or other English language test (optional)
- Application fee of $250 Canadian payable to the Pembina Trails School Division
- Deposit of $1000 (for students who apply without using the services of an agent. To be applied against the
tuition fee. Refundable only if Study Permit is denied)
STEP 2 – If you require a homestay family, complete the Homestay Placement form.
Note: All international students who do not live with a homestay family arranged by the Pembina Trails School Division must live with a family that satisfies all four of the following conditions:
- There must a member of the family who is a minimum of 35 years of age who will assume responsibility for the international student.
- The adult responsible for the international student must be a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident (as required by Citizenship and Immigration Canada).
- The adult responsible for the international student is responsible to complete and submit the Custodianship Declaration - Custodian document (as required by Citizenship and Immigration Canada).
- All accommodations arranged independent of the Pembina Trails School Division must be approved by the Pembina Trails School Division.
STEP 3 – Send the completed form(s) with transcripts, photo, recommendation and application fee to:
The Director, International Student Program
Pembina Trails School Division
181 Henlow Bay, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3Y 1M7, Canada
STEP 4 – The Director will decide upon acceptance and placement of the student. Students who are accepted will receive an Acceptance Package containing a formal letter of acceptance required by the Canadian Embassy for application for a Study Permit.
STEP 5 – Students requiring a homestay family will be provided with information about the family at least one month prior to arriving in Winnipeg.
STEP 6 – Program personnel will greet the student at the airport and provide him/her with an information package and be available to assist with all practical matters related to his/her homestay family and settling in.
STEP 7 – The Assistant Director will introduce the student to teachers, counsellors and principals of the receiving school. School officials will ensure that a proper program is planned.
See FEE SCHEDULE