"When it comes to the most impressive thing to me, I don’t hesitate to say it’s the world class Canadian education. The modernized facilities and the extremely passionate teachers along with the outstanding extracurricular activities are the reason why I, for the first time in my life, love school so much." Long from Vietnam
STEP 1 – Complete the Student Application form.
A complete application package must include the following items:
- Completed Student Application Form
- Completed Homestay Placement Form (if applicable)
- Original or certified copies of transcripts or school records from the previous 2 years of schooling (translated into English) - please include grade 9 transcript (if applicable) and if you plan to graduate
- A letter of recommendation from the principal/director or other school official of your current school
- A current photograph (preferably 3 passport-sized photographs)
- A copy of passport page
- Application fee of $250 (non refundable) Canadian payable to the Pembina Trails School Division
- Deposit of $1000 (for students who apply without using the services of an agent. To be applied against the tuition fee. Refundable only if Study Permit is denied)
STEP 2 – If you require a homestay family, complete the Homestay Placement form.
Note: All international students who do not live with a homestay family arranged by the Pembina Trails School Division must live with a family that satisfies all four of the following conditions:
- There must a member of the family who is a minimum of 35 years of age who will assume responsibility for the international student.
- The adult responsible for the international student must be a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident (as required by Citizenship and Immigration Canada).
- The adult responsible for the international student is responsible to complete and submit the Custodianship Declaration - Custodian document (as required by Citizenship and Immigration Canada).
- All accommodations arranged independent of the Pembina Trails School Division must be approved by the Pembina Trails School Division.
STEP 3 – Send the completed form(s) with transcripts, photo, recommendation and application fee to:
The Director, International Student Program
Pembina Trails School Division
181 Henlow Bay, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3Y 1M7, Canada
STEP 4 – The Director will decide upon acceptance and placement of the student. Students who are accepted will receive an Acceptance Package containing a formal letter of acceptance required by the Canadian Embassy for application for a Study Permit.
STEP 5 – Students requiring a homestay family will be provided with information about the family at least one month prior to arriving in Winnipeg.
STEP 6 – Program personnel will greet the student at the airport and provide him/her with an information package and be available to assist with all practical matters related to his/her homestay family and settling in.
STEP 7 – The Assistant Director will introduce the student to teachers, counsellors and principals of the receiving school. School officials will ensure that a proper program is planned.
See FEE SCHEDULE