Administrative Guidelines for Casual Permits during School Breaks
- Applications must be received by:
- Nov 1 for winter break, Feb 1 for spring break and May 1 for summer break. Division shall determine which schools are available for use during these times.
- Permits will only be issued to not-for-profit groups.
- Permits will be restricted to the gym and a set of washrooms only. All other areas and floors are off-limits.
- Permit holders will be required to supervise the entrance doors at all times while in the school.
- Doors will be opened no more than 30 minutes prior to any event and locked 30 minutes after the event starts (where possible).
- Permits will not be issued for the last three weeks of the summer break.
- If participants of the permit are found outside their designated area the permit may be cancelled immediately.
- A member of the custodial staff will monitor the permit and will maintain the areas.
- Permit holders will be charged a custodial service fee for the entire time of the permit plus a 1-hour minimum cleanup cost.
- Permits will not be issued for statutory holidays.
- Division shall determine which schools are
available for use during these times.