Congratulations to all Pembina Trails students who participated in the annual Concours d'art oratoire.
The French-speaking contest gives students in the French Immersion program an opportunity to develop their public-speaking skills.
“All students who participated, at the school or divisional level, demonstrated pride and ownership in their journey as French language learners,” shared Holly Sorenson, Pembina Trails School Division French Immersion and Additional Languages Consultant.
“There were many students competing at the divisional level and the talent was truly impressive. The French Immersion students at Pembina Trails School Division spoke with passion, expression and pride about a wide range of topics of interest. It is incredibly motivating to witness their growth and abilities! We are proud of all students who participated in this exciting endeavor.”
Here are the divisional results:
- Vivian, Grade 4 student at École St. Avila
- Maria, Grade 5 student at École St. Avila
- Rida, Grade 5 student at École Van Walleghem
- Owen, Grade 5 student at École Charleswood
- Sean, Grade 7 student at École Viscount Alexander
- Finley, Grade 7 student at École Van Walleghem
- Annalise, Grade 7 student at École Van Walleghem
- Shiven, Grade 9 student at Institut collégial Vincent Massey
Congratulations to all our participants and those who will advance to represent Pembina Trails School Division at the provincial finals in May.
We had three winners at the provincial concours d'art
- Maria from St Avila won
gold in the Grade 5/6 Early Immersion category
- Owen from Charleswood
won silver in the Grade 5/6 Français category
- Shiven from Vincent
Massey won gold in the Grade 9/10 Early Immersion category
Learn more about the event.