Ryerson--School of Choice
June 24, 2016
With the registration of fewer
in-catchment students at Ryerson School for 2016-2017 than
originally projected, the Board of Trustees has authorized the
administration at Ryerson School to accept and consider
applications to School of Choice for September 2016.
you are interested in applying, it is critical that you
complete the paperwork and deliver it to the school office as
soon as possible.
Applications are considered and accepted in
the order that they are received based on the criteria
| School hours
||Afternoon entry bell
Where students will attend in September 2016
February 4, 2016
Pembina Trails staff have largely determined where École South Pointe School students will start the 2016-17 school year. As much as possible, the goal is to keep École South Pointe School students and teachers together in neighbouring schools for the early part of the year and then move them as a group to the new school when it opens. That way classes and relationships will remain intact.
SEPTEMBER 2016--the start of the school year
- The school community is established with classroom groups of students and their teachers.
- Until occupancy in the new school building in early 2017, classes are located in various locations that are as familiar to the students and families as possible.
- Students entering grade 8 will not be asked to move for the 2016-17 school year.
- For 2016-17, École South Pointe School will be home to kindergarten through grade 7, English and French Immersion.
GRADES 1 TO 6
- Students will be taught in their South Pointe classroom grouping with their South Pointe teachers at Ryerson School where they are familiar.
- Space at Ryerson does not allow for kindergarten classes, so these students will be hosted at Bairdmore School until South Pointe physically opens.
- More information will be available at the Kindergarten Information Evening on February 9, at 6:30 p.m. at the school division’s administration office at 181 Henlow Bay.
- Classes will be hosted at Dalhousie School with access to technology-education and band facilities at Acadia Junior High, which is located across the field.
- Kindergarten to grade 7 specialist teachers will travel between their classes until the new building opens.
French Immersion programming
KINDERGARTEN TO GRADE 4
- Students will be taught in their South Pointe classroom grouping with their South Pointe teachers at École R.H.G. Bonnycastle where they are familiar.
- A small number of students, whose older siblings were at École St. Avila for grades 5 and 6, may be hosted within St. Avila classroom groupings.
GRADES 5 AND 6